Paul Herdsman, the Co-Founder and COO of NICE Global, imparts 12 tips to becoming a successful entrepreneur to prospective entrepreneurs. The company, led by Paul Herdsman focus on employee satisfaction, skills, and professional growth.
Paul Herdsman is the Chief Operating Officer of NICE Global. NICE Global is part of an all-star team dedicated to ensuring that its clients are monetizing their online traffic and getting the highest return on their marketing spend. NICE Global takes on tasks like software and hardware troubleshooting for various businesses and outsourcing customer service representatives. But what’s most important to them is offering employment to Jamaicans who haven’t been able to get work at other companies, and those who get through training are given great benefits while on the workforce. NICE Global also gets involved with local community fundraisers. Refer to This Article to learn more.
Here are Herdsman’s Effective Business Tips:
- Have a positive attitude because it has been shown that individuals with a positive attitude are better problem solvers, have more energy, and are more resilient.
- Be willing to take risks because in order to succeed, you must be willing to take a leap of faith and run the risk of failing.
- Choose work that you are passionate about because running a business requires a lot of time and energy.
- Have a clear vision concerning your business venture, which includes knowing the exact path on which you desire your venture to take and having a clear picture of what you desire your business to become in the next decade.
- Build the right team. Add team members who complement your skills set and weaknesses, because an effective team is one with a diverse set of skills.
- There are no shortcuts to success. According to Paul Herdsman, be willing to put in the work and dedication required to make the business successful.
- Learn from your mistakes because mistakes are unavoidable, and a successful entrepreneur is one who is able to acknowledge his or her mistakes, learn from them, and adapt accordingly.
- Know your customers because knowing your customers and their needs will enable you to deliver the solutions they need.
- Deliver above and beyond because delivering more than expected is a good way to be noticed, remembered, and advocated for by the customer.
- Be persistent because persistence pays off.
- Have a mentor because having a good mentor is vital, as it is sometimes difficult to maintain perspective and there are times when you will need advice or an outside perspective.
- Learn to say “no” because many good ideas will arise, but due to limited resources you can only devote yourself to the very best ones.